Wednesday, May 1, 2013

God's Presence In My Life

There are many ways in which you can sense God's presence in your life. Praying, reading the Bible,  singing or listening to Christian music, attending mass, being with others, and walking through nature are just a few examples. I have realized God's presence in my own life in two ways:

1) Praying--I have become a big prayer these past few months or so. I find myself praying for 10 or 15 minutes at least twice a day. I feel guilty whenever I don't pray at least once because it's my time to be alone with Jesus. Through prayer, I can sense God listening to me and I know He is there. He answers all prayers, just not always in the way we want Him to. Sometimes we may ask for something, but He doesn't give it to us because He either has something better in store for us or we aren't ready for it quite yet.

2) Thinking about my future-I just graduated from college this past Saturday. One door has closed and another door (or two or three) have opened. I'm beginning a new chapter of my life. As I have been getting closer and closer to graduation these past few months, I have been thinking about my future and where I will be. It's confusing and a frightening time, but it's also a very exciting time as well. I don't know what my future holds, but I know that God has a plan for me. He has something very special in store for me that I just don't know about quite yet. I'm definitely very eager to discover what my future holds and to find out what God wants for me.

These are the two ways in which I have noticed God in my life. What are ways in which you have sensed His presence?


No comments:

Post a Comment